I might agree with the first article in which fat taxes may have been a little too much of a change. At the same time I think such measurements may be one of the only ways to sway people away from eating fatty, unhealthy foods. Sure you can tell people to eat right and exercise but look at them while you walk down the street. You’ll see there has been no difference. Also, most advertisements are through the television, which is not exercising, so there seems to be a it of an issue.
The second article I don’t really agree with. I don’t think the government should be blames for spending only $2 million against fat whereas McDonald’s spent $500 million towards it. I don’t believe it’s the government’s responsibility to keep us in shape and to make us feel good. Parents should be responsible and people themselves should be. It’s not too hard to stay away from nasty fast food besides the fact that its easy and cheap. Maybe if people actually looked at their food while they ate it they wouldn’t want it so much. Or maybe if they notice a lot of fast food places don’t wear gloves when preparing food since they find it inconvenient. They say they have a every 30 minute wash the hands policy, but do you honestly think every employee would bother? Yum, germs.
Anyways, my solution to both of these arguments would be to make fast food commercials illegal. Similar to the cigarette commercial terms. That way people will know the fast food is there but won’t be as tempted I suppose. But a fat person is a fat person is a fat person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I totally agree. Like I put in my blog, working at Disney World, I know for a fact that most Americans are fatasses. I believe that people are too quick to blame someone else and never accepting blame. Its kinda like walking into an "all you can eat buffet" and taking it as a personal challenge. Then you wonder why you can't see below your knees and you get banned for life...
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. Its not in any way the government or anybody elses fault if you are fat. Its your own problem You would think that after a certain point somone would realize wow im getting pretty big, mayby i should do something about this. But no people like to blame everybody but themselves for their problems.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you should stray off the topic of obesity and try to cover another issue of whether food is sanitary. However, I do agree that obesity is a problem and its not the governments job to regulate what we eat. Banning fast-food commercials is not a practical solution to stopping obesity. I think inducing good eating habits and excercise is a better route. Cutting out the business side to a dilemna hurts everyone! Good blog! =)
ReplyDelete