Friday, February 20, 2009

EOA p.354-400

When I started reading this I knew it would be an odd read to blog about just like the last one because it is what it is and didn’t strike much thought. To begin with, I don’t care for the side notes because I feel that if I wanted to read actively and annotate what I’m reading then I would do it myself. Also, I found it hard to imagine George Bush saying this since anytime I’ve ever seen him speak it sounds confused or preach-like. No doubt that at the end of this speech he does sound like a preacher with the “God Blesses”. Most of this sounded repetitive about how the terrorist loathe freedom and how we are fighting so hard to fight them off. What I liked most was the personal experience that was added at the end of the speech. I think that comes through to people more than half of the rest he was saying. The situation sounds like it comes from a movie almost, so dramatic and encouraging. Comparing what was going on to the World Wars I thought was a good tactic, but it was uninteresting for someone like me who doesn’t care for history.

No comments:

Post a Comment