Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I found this section a little helpful in evaluating websites as sources. It would seem like common sense to have thought of these simple concepts on one’s own but I never cared much for websites as sources anyways. I think the most effective way they mentioned of finding out if it is credible is by researching the domain of the website. Who better to research than the informers themselves? The other aspects mentioned that should be looked into kind of go along with the first concept. When it comes to accuracy I don’t see how one would really be able to tell how old the participant is in Speak Out. Take Myspace for example, it’s obvious that children at age 12 have one when they are not supposed to. Objectivity I don’t completely see the importance of yet. Currency and coverage I think may be something hard to find in a lot of websites. I don’t find too many informational websites that are well maintained or that change what they cover very often. Comic strip websites are probably most accurate with that as well as news ones. All in all, when I look at websites I may have a different view on some of them now by looking to each of the aspects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment