Friday, January 30, 2009
This read was not very fun at all, nor did I find it very interesting. Since this has to do the past and history I already had a bias against it. Even though I thought this was boring I did like the way Martin Luther king Jr. used other well-known figures such as Socrates and religious references as examples. Who better than to compare with than that of whom everyone knows and trusts as their creator and the like? I also liked that there was some one he was replying to. I thought at first that I would just be reading a letter by him during his time in jail and not have a clue what he was talking about. The letter from the clergy men was and was not surprising. It was surprising that it was clergymen who wrote a crude notice. It was not surprising because it was during that time period and it was white clergymen. I did one thing especially in the begging that Dr. King had said: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” It couldn’t have been said any better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment